domenica 14 giugno 2020

Swedish Thirty Years War Army


The Swedish army was the most notable one during Thirty years war (TYW): well trained, well led, achieved many successes on the battlefield and still sparks inspiration between wargamers.

I found a fabulous offer on the net for a beautifully painted  Swedish army and couldn't hold myself from buying it! A lot of infantry and cavalry ready to be led by Gustavus Adolphus! Its only drawback was the artillery: only one leather gun. I remedied painting a heavy gun: a great chance to test also GW new contrast paint (but I'll talk about them in another post). I plan to use them with Tercios for great battles and Pikeman's Lament for smaller clashes.


Here is a gallery of the miniatures, kindly host by Paolo's display closet, and a first playtest of Pikeman's Lament (more in another post).






Nessun commento:

Posta un commento