domenica 19 aprile 2020

DBA 3.0 online game

As a wargamer, I always found human interaction around the gaming table to be very important. But recently the COVID-19 epidemic brought avoc in our lives, forbidding this little joy.

I found a lot of people is going digital: both on electronic simulation (from Tabletop simulator to electronic game) and on streamed games. Luckily I found a couple of mate I could set up an online game, so I thank Alexander Veronensis (many of you might have met him on Facebook DBA group) and Luca for this opportunity.

We chose DBA 3.0, a game I'm not very familiar with, but I was always interested in trying it. The small number of pieces (24 bases) and the easy rules made it a perfect candidate for testing online gaming.

I led the Carthaginians against Luca's Romans: Alexander was the umpire: he has the best knowledge of the rules, the armies and so set the table.  He moved the bases according to our orders and resolved the dice rolls.

The battle was incredibly won by my ill-leaded Carthaginians thanks to a combat roll which allowed my warband do dissolve (quick kill) a Roman legion. This bought me time to conquer the Roman camp with my light cavalry right before the break of my infantry.

Some consideration: online gaming is not the future of gaming (at least for me), but in these times allows to keep playing and chatting with friends. It's more easy with an umpire and secret deployment is always funny. The main difficulty were explaining some orders and framing correctly the table with the webcam!

deployment areas

streaming the battlefield

the Romans

the Carthaginians

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento